Innovative e-Guide in Construction Workplace Health and Safety
The e-Guide CWH&S project proposal is based on the findings of our survey analysis of the state of the art in the partner countries and Europe wide, including:
- Discussions with VET institutions and representatives of the business community; leading to the conclusion that training in health and safety is vital.
- The research carried out by EuroStat and the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work reports that construction industry has been identified as one of the sectors with the highest rate of incidents.
- The latest results of the European Survey of Working Conditions showing that almost 35% of workers in Europe feel that their job puts their health at risk.
The project partners outlined a common gap for specific training in health and safety in the curricula in their VET systems. On the other hand, the discussions with company managers in construction industry also confirmed currently that the need for such trainings has been very big.
Aims, Objectives & target groups
The overall aim is to develop an innovative e-learning tool for acquiring key competencies in health and safety signs and signals in construction industry.
- To transfer and adapt industry-specific VET training tools and methods;
- To train VET students, trainers/tutors and SME staff in health and safety signs and signals in construction industry;
- To raise awareness of the vital importance of health and safety signs and signals in construction industry and the related sectors
The e-Guide CWH&S project targets (1) VET students in construction and related sectors; (2) VET trainers and tutors in construction and related industries; (3) SME managers and employees in construction companies.
The e-Guide CWH&S project is a transfer, adaptation and improvement of training methods and tools towards achieving new innovative results. It will adapt the e-learning tool to the needs of secondary VET systems, training and re-training of SMEs managers and employees in construction industry (lifelong learning).
Web design and software development of the e-learning platform are an innovation. This will make the tool accessible through the Internet and make it compatible with the contemporary e-books, tablets and smart phone devices that are on the market. The interactivity will be supported by interactive learning modules, multiple choice test modules, simulation games and animations.
The project will contribute to the development of innovative practices in the field of vocational education and training and their transfer between the participating countries where the VET systems still widely implement the classroom-based approach. While keeping the Bulgarian and English languages of the previous project, the e-Guide CWH&S project will expand the multilingualism of the project results by including also German, Spanish and Turkish.
|EU-Program:||LLP, Leonardo da Vinci - Transfer of Innovation|
|Coordination:||Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industriy (Bulgaria)|
|Duration:||October 2013 - September 2015|
|This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.|