Corporate Social Responsibility as key category for European employers, managers and stakeholders
While most Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approaches mostly evolved around the concept that business can and should act in a manner that respects the legitimate goals and demands of all stakeholders, more recently the concept was enhanced to recognize and include social responsibility and sustainability as an integral part of the business model, fitting and tuned to the core business strategy and thus directly and effectively contributing to the long-term success of the enterprise. The key challenge now is to turn CSR into a true and powerful tool for proactive cost-benefit calculus that factors in financial gains from productivity improvements and ultimately becomes the basis for brand equity and the driver of organisational learning, innovation and technology management. In Europe, the new strategy on CSR is developed, as part of a package of measures on responsible business to help enterprises achieve their full potential in terms of creating wealth, jobs and innovative solutions to the many challenges that European society is currently facing.
Aims and Target Groups
ENGAGE aims to further develop three tools for small, medium and large organisations that will facilitate the operationalization of the model RSO Global 3P, by allowing users to monitor and measure the progress and performance of each step of the integration of the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability process.
Partners and Outcomes
A strong, multidisciplinary, experienced and skilled partnership of seven organisations from Turkey, Spain, Romania, Portugal, Bulgaria and Austria, will develop the following project outcomes:
- Benchmarking Compendium Report on CSR Practices in Europe
- Platform for Self-Assessment on CSR and storage of Open Education Resources
- ENGAGE Sectorial CSR-kits for employers, managers and stakeholders applied to three economic sectors, namely business, social and VET
- ENGAGE Integrative Guidelines for boosting CSR, with lessons learnt, key recommendations and practical strategies, references and vignettes for planning a sustainability strategy
- ENGAGE Conferences Diary for Community of Practices containing the invaluable key-speeches, testimonials, interviews, CSR national trends and policy recommendations
|EU-Program:||Erasmus+, KA2, Strategic Partnerships addressing more than one field|
|Coordination:||Kocaeli Ticaret Odasi (Turkey)|
|Duration:||September 2014 – August 2016|
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.