YELL - Young Europeans Love Languages
YELL is a European Network that aims at raising the motivation of young people to learn foreign languages by offering an attractive and joyful learning environment outside formal education.
In order to achieve this, the network will
- facilitate the share of existing good practice of language learning concepts in combination with sporting, cultural and entertainment activities
- create a toolbox containing proposals of introducing language learning in other social, cultural and sport activities directed to young people
- promote an awareness of the importance of the importance of cultural and linguistic diversity in Europe
- enhance collaboration between trainers and tutors of non-formal education institutions, cultural, sport and social institutions, key actors for lifelong learning, national and European language learning networks and social partners.
The main results of the project will be:
- a virtual documentation centre integrated in the project’s website
- a Handbook – “How to implement best practice”
- thematic seminars
- an International Conference
- demonstration events focusing on dissemination of activities of project and foreseen results
- publications about project activities and foreseen results
|Life long Learning Programme Transversal Programme Key Activities 2: Networks
|VHS Cham - Volkshochschule im Landkreis Cham e.V.
|Karin Kronika, Helmut Kronika
|January 2009 - December 2011
|This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.